Home Articles 15 Facts About Sachin Tendulkar, The ‘God of Cricket’
Here are some interesting facts about ‘God of Cricket’ Sachin Tendulkar.
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar was born on 24th April 1973 in Bombay
2. When He was just 14 years old he was the ball boy during the 1987 World Cup match between India and Zimbabwe at the Wankhede Stadium.
3. He made his test debut against Pakistan, aged only 16.
4. In his early days, Sachin Tendulkar was a great fan of tennis player John McEnroe.
5. Sachin was the youngest player to play county cricket at the age of 19.
6. Sachin also played county cricket for Yorkshire. He was the first foreign player to do this.
7. Sachin Tendulkar’s father named him after the legendary music director Sachin Dev Burman.
8. Sachin had a habit of sleepwalking as well as talking in his sleep.
9. Sachin Tendulkar is India’s first and only cricketer to score a century in his first Ranji, Dilip and Irani Trophy match.
10. Sachin carries India’s national flag in his cricket bag and also sports it on his helmet.
11. He loves music and his favorites include Kishore Kumar and the British rock band Dire Straits.
12. He was the first player to pass 10,000 runs in limited overs cricket.
13. He is a devotee of the Hindu Guru, Sathya Sai Baba of Puttaparthi.
14. he is the first batsman to be given out by the third umpire in 1992.
15. Tendulkar bats bowl and throw right-handed, But he uses his left hand to eat and write.